Thursday, September 20, 2007

end of summer


end of summer, originally uploaded by pr9000.

Fall is coming on fast here in Minnesota, and our dog, Trotter, is running out of days for swimming. Trotter loves the water -- I have to meet him with the leash in knee-high water, or I'd never catch him when it's time to leave -- and Amina and I try our best to get to the lake when the weather cooperates.

We went to Riley Lake in Eden Prairie around 6:30 p.m., and the first thing that struck me is that sunset happens much earlier than it did just a week ago. Luckily for Trotter, another goldendoodle, Riley, came with his dad not long after we arrived, and the two dogs pretty much wore each other out for the rest of the evening.

To this day, I marvel at how much energy dogs have ... but I guess if my life was spent taking naps all day long, I too could probably muster up enough energy to run around in the sand for an hour or so with a good friend.


trotter and riley, originally uploaded by pr9000.


heading south, originally uploaded by pr9000.

No comments: