Friday, December 12, 2008

our first snow day in Franklin!

Amina and I moved here from cold, barren, frozen Minneapolis. On our moving day, it was 95 and rainy here -- and that was fine. No mosquitos, no long sleeve shirts in the evening ... it was all good.

We enjoyed the rest of summer. We thoroughly enjoyed the fall -- amazing to have a full season, with falling leaves and a sense that Mother Nature was back to her old self.

Last night, Amina comes running in from the front porch. "It's snowing!" she exclaimed. "And it's sticking! Come see!"

I followed her over and, lo and behold, she was right. Snow was falling, and accumulating. By thte time the evening was over, I'd taken Trotter for a walk, gotten into a snowball fight and helped construct a snow fort down at Chess Park. I came home soaking wet but with a promise to myself: If the snow was still there in the morning, I was going out with the camera.



Yup, it stuck around.

Here are some of my favorites from today and a few excerpts are below ... it was great weather for walking around -- not too cold, with vivid blue skies and kids of all ages goofing off. It was a nice way to spend a Friday morning, and Westhaven just looks that much better with some snow to accent everyone's decorations.









Too bad that, as I type this, all I can see is green across the street.

If you'd like a copy of any of the photos in the gallery, just contact me via email or at 545.5503.

No comments: