Tuesday, May 5, 2009

evan's third birthday


evan's third birthday, originally uploaded by pr9000.

Amina and I were lucky enough to be invited to not one, but two, birthday parties last weekend!

Of course, one had 15 five-year-olds running around, all sugared up, but it was a blast, and I'll have more photos of that coming up, as soon as I find time to edit the 200 shots I took on that sunny afternoon.

Evan's party, though, was a more subdued affair – family, friends and lots of presents. It was a Batman party, but I think at three years old, any superhero would do the trick ... that, and the remote control dinosaur that he'd gotten. Seriously – it had a handheld remote, and you could make it walk, roll over, roar, etc. As another dad at the party said, toymakers are just now creating the toys that our imaginations pretended they were. Back when we were kids. Not that I'm old or anything. :)

Evan had a great time, and we stopped by later in the evening to enjoy a little quiet time with Evan's parents, which as you can imagine was anything but quiet. Evan's got a wicked swing of the bat, and I spent most of the evening throwing the little beanbag softball directly as the bat, so that Evan could knock a few out of the (living room) park.



evan and his puppy

No comments: