Monday, March 23, 2009

Puppies and Bubbles



Two of my favorite subjects: puppies and children.



Westhaven held a "Bubbles on the Great Lawn" event recently, where toddlers and their parents were invited to enjoy a nice, spring morning blowing bubbles outside the Residents' Center. I think the kids had more fun running around and burning energy, while the moms were enjoying the bubble soap and generally happy to see their kids tire themselves out. :)



Good friends, great weather and license to run around – can you imagine a better morning?



The only thing that would trump it – a nine-week-old Goldendoodle puppy!



You may have heard that I have a doodle myself; I don't talk about him much. (Ha ha) A neighbor fell in love with Trotter, and called me last week to say that they took the plunge, and brought home little Obie. We took Trotter down to Chess Park to meet him, and it was quite the scene ... Obie's obviously learning about how to deal with other dogs, and it's got to be a tough lesson when everyone is bigger than you:



Trotter's a big boy, and I think Obie was more than a little intimidated. Amina had to put Obie on top of Trotter, and once that happened, they got along well. Obie smelled like puppy breath, which I think should be bottled and sold as a cologne or an Airwick air freshener scent.

His teeth were puppy sharp and he always rolled over on his back – he knows he's not the boss of anyone yet. He looks just like Trotter did when he was a pup, and I almost – almost – did a straight-up trade. :)

No comments: