Saturday, January 24, 2009

ben b/w


ben b/w, originally uploaded by pr9000.

Some very close friends of ours, from our previous life in Minnesota, know that I'm an inveterate Pittsburgh Steelers fan ... I actually sat through a cold, snowy January evening to witness them defeat the San Diego Chargers on their path to Super Bowl XXIII, and the one thing I took away from the game (besides the amazing sense of community with 65,000 people) was how quickly Nashville had thinned my heretofore thick Minnesota blood. :)

So Matthew and Aaron saw this little Ben Roethlisberger action figure, made their mom buy it, and then put it in the mail for me. What they don't know is that I'm a lover of tiny things; if I were to stage it properly, I'd have Ben throwing to a Lego Stormtrooper, with a Lego Darth Vader in close pursuit, while the miniature Millenium Falcon hovered overhead, all near a little Vikings bobblehead doll on the sidelines of Tiny Starbucks Espresso Cup Stadium.

But I didn't stage it that way -- at least, not that I'll admit in public ... I had Ben out in the weeds, on the patio table, and here, in a pretty black and white shot from our dining room table. To see the rest of them, just click on the image above, which should take you to my Flickr page.

This is another piece of evidence for "found lighting," as that's just the sun, around 2 p.m., in our dining room. It's better than a studio ...

No comments: