Monday, January 5, 2009

pretty ribbons, pretty bow ties of blue ...



I'm sorry to paraphrase Willie Nelson like that, but it's one of my favorite Willie songs and most likely was written not too far from where I currently sit, typing this up ... and it's not too far from being the perfect way to describe McClain, Guy and Bennett -- the three stars of a family photo shoot that was one of the most enjoyable I've ever done.

Tresha and Jay were kind enough to choose Rinkes Photography to capture their family, and we chose one of those delicate Sunday afternoons that seem to give up its sunlight with a smile; when the sun was out, it was toasty warm, but when the sun went behind a cloud or a tree, you realized it really was getting close to winter. But no matter -- everyone was up for the experience.





Guy (top) and Bennett were perfect gentlemen, and looked fantastic in their matching bow ties (which Tresha told me were quite a challenge to find). The whole family looked good, actually -- moms (and it's always moms) ask me for clothing advice all the time, and I always say the same thing: Dress your kids as you normally would, in complementary colors or patterns ... Mothers have good eyes for fashion, and photographers have good eyes for photos. And I can barely dress myself sometimes, so moms -- keep on doing what you do. :)

No comments: