Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009!



So Happy New Year! A few days late ... but I was waylaid by a nasty sinus infection that had me begging for the Grim Reaper to visit, if only because the shock of seeing him might have cleared my sinuses a bit. Being a man, I was a bit of a baby during the week I was sick, but Amina did a great job taking care of me and now I'm back, refreshed and ready to tackle 2009.

If you were to log my keystrokes as I typed the title to this post, it would have looked like this

(2 key) (0 key) (o key) (8 key) (backspace backspace) (9 key)

I actually had to write my first 2009 check a few days ago, at a fundraiser for Lindsey Little, an amazing photographer who has dedicated her life to serving God across the globe. She's off to New Zealand next, to train and serve, and her photo gallery is unrivaled ... she's a sweet person who was Trotter's first dogsitter in Franklin, and we were happy to see her off and show our support for the amazing work she does.

Anyway, I wrote the check and got the date right, but only because I was intensely focused on doing it correctly the first time. I'm taking that attitude into the new year, with as much focus and sense of purpose as I've ever had.

The weeks leading up to the holidays were intense, filled with friends, family and a little bit of work thrown in to keep me honest ... The fun started at our neighbor's "Bad Christmas Sweater" party.



That's Mark and Aegis, totally owning the OMGLOL holiday sweater thing -- check out Mark's awesome white belt, which totally held the entire ensemble together. We had a nice time at the party, which doubled as a fundraiser for the Hands and Feet Project ... go ahead, spend a little time on the site, I won't be offended ...



We also had a great time at Scott & Laura's bash ... you can read about the fun session we had with the Erbys here, but this evening was for grownups, and a splendid time was guaranteed for all. We met some neighbors, had a few cocktails and feasted on some great food. Oh, and we learned some things about the folks in our neighborhood that we might not have otherwise known ...



I gotta get to this Radnor Lake place.

No comments: